Please be informed that, due to the new Federal Law No. 163-FZ “On Migration Registration of Foreign Citizens and Stateless Persons”, which came into effect as of July 8, 2018, registration procedures for foreign citizens and persons without citizenship in the Russian Federation have been changed.
As of July 8, 2018, migration registration at 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa in Moscow will no longer be possible.
To obtain your registration, please apply to the territorial body of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs at your actual place of residence:
Please note that a registration obtained before July 8, 2018, at 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa in Moscow, shall be valid until the next time you leave the Russian Federation.
At present, please make sure you apply for your registration within 72 hours, as prescribed by the special regime for the FIFA World Cup 2018 until July 25, 2018 (inclusive).
Starting from July 26, 2018, please make sure you apply for your registration within 7 days upon your arrival in Russia.
If I am staying in a dormitory
If you are staying in dormitory, the dormitory staff will assist you in applying for your registration at the local territorial body of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs.
To apply for your migration registration and obtain your registration slip, please contact the passport registration officer at your dormitory.
If I am staying in a rented apartment
If you are staying in a rented apartment, the apartment owner must apply for your registration at the local territorial body of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs, upon HSE’s request.
To register at your place of residence in a rented apartment, please:
1. Contact the apartment owner and ask him/her to arrange for your registration at the address of the rented apartment;
2. Contact the HSE Visa and Registration Centre in advance and submit your application for HSE’s assistance at: 20 Myasnitskaya Ulitsa, Room 538; e-mail: email@example.com, tel.: +7 (495) 531-0063
Please apply for a request form from the HSE (see the information "Where can I obtain a request form?" below on this page).
3. Check the website of the Central Office of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow at: https://77.xn--b1aew.xn--p1ai/ms/Otdeli_migracii_po_AO to find the address of the local office where you must apply for your registration;
4. Please contact the district migration desk where the rented apartment is located to obtain information in regards to the conditions and documents requested at this particular district (i.e., a list of documents, office hours, contact persons, etc.,);
5. Prepare your documents and submit them at the migration desk. These documents must be submitted by the apartment owner.
Please remember that you must apply for your new registration and get a new migration card upon your return to Russia every time after leaving the country. If you have been registered in another city in Russia, please make sure that you again apply for your registration after your return to Moscow.
What documents are required for primary migration registration?
Upon arrival in the Russian Federation, each foreign citizen or stateless person must fill in a migration card and keep it for the entire period of their stay in Russia. Upon arrival in Moscow, please immediately submit the necessary documents to apply for your primary migration registration.
Please provide the following documents to apply for primary migration registration (for up to 90 days):
- a copy of all passport pages;
- a copy of your migration card;
*Сitizens of Ukraine and Belarus may stay in Russia without registration for up to 90 days, Kazakhstan and Armenia - for up to 30 days, Tajikistan - for up to 15 days
Your primary migration registration for up to 90 days shall be free of charge during 3-4 days.
If you are staying in a hotel, international staff shall be automatically provided migration registration for the entire period of their stay in the hotel.
If you are going abroad during the period of your studies
If you are going abroad, your registration will be automatically cancelled. Therefore, every time upon returning to Russia after leaving the country, please make sure that you apply for your migration registration again at the local migration registration office.
Please note that, pursuant to Russian legislation, foreign citizens who violate the immigration regulations shall be subject to a fine and may be deported from Russia on the basis of a court decision, with a further ban on entry into the territory of the Russian Federation for up to three years.
If you have any questions, please feel free to send your inquiry to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions in regards to admission procedures, please feel free to contact HSE’s International Admissions Office:
Address: 13 Myasnitskaya Ul., Building 4, Room 105, Moscow, 101000
Tel.: +7 495 531-00-59, e-mail: email@example.com
Where can I obtain a request form?
To obtain a request form from HSE, please send an e-mail to the HSE Visa and Registration Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is the correct way to fill in the request form?
а) When filling in the request form, please make sure to edit only the fields highlighted in yellow;
b) If 2 options are available, select as applicable and delete the other option;
c) PLEASE DON’T use CAPSLOCK when filling in the request form;
d) If you are a STUDENT, please note: in the last field, please select 1 of the 2 options: studies under a quota (обучение по квоте МОН) or studies under a tuition fee agreement (обучение по договору).
- If you are a student (and you don’t need a visa to enter Russia), please download and fill in this request form:
Request form 1
- If you are a student (and you need a visa to enter Russia), please download and fill in this request form:
Request form 2
- If you are a foreign faculty member/researcher (and you don’t need a visa to enter Russia), please download and fill in this request form:
Request form 3
- If you are a foreign faculty member/researcher (and you need a visa to enter Russia), please download and fill in this request form:
Request form 4
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.