Invite a Foreign Visitor
Any HSE campus or subdivision can invite a foreign visitor.
Foreign visitors need an invitation to obtain a Russian visa at a relevant consular section of the Russian Federation.
All foreign visitors need a Russian visa to enter Russia, with the exception of citizens of Uzbekistan, Moldova, Tajikistan, Armenia, Kyrgyzstan, Kazakhstan, Belarus, Ukraine, Azerbaijan, South Ossetia and Abkhazia.
Step 1. State the purpose of their visit to HSE
If a foreign visitor plans to study or take part in an internship at HSE, you should apply for an invitation for a regular student visa.
If a foreign visitor is coming to work at HSE and is entitled to remuneration, you should apply for an invitation for a regular work visa.
If a foreign visitor plans to take part in seminars and conferences, engage in joint research projects and negotiations with respect to future cooperation, conduct research and work in HSE’s archives, provide assistance in drawing up curricula and syllabi, and shall not be receiving any remuneration from HSE, you should apply for an invitation for a regular humanitarian visa.
Step 2. Determine the period of their stay in Russia
An invitation for a regular student visa can be issued for a period of a valid visa from 15 to 90 calendar days .
An invitation for a regular work visa can be issued for a period of a valid visa from 7 to 90 calendar days.
An invitation for a regular humanitarian visa can be issued for a period of a valid visa from 5 days to 3 years.
Select the type of invitation
1) VISA INVITATIONS ISSUED BY THE MIGRATION SECTION OF THE CENTRAL OFFICE OF THE RUSSIAN MINISTRY OF INTERNAL AFFAIRS IN MOSCOW:
- an invitation for a student visa (with an option for its further extension while in Russia);
- an invitation for a work visa (with an option for further extension while in Russia);
- an invitation for a humanitarian visa (cannot be further extended while in Russia).
VISA INVITATIONS ON HSE OFFICIAL LETTERHEAD:
- an invitation for a student visa – available to all EU citizens, except for citizens of the UK and Ireland (cannot be further extended while in Russia);
- an invitation for a humanitarian visa – available to citizens of the USA, Japan, India, China, Iran and EU member states, except for the UK and Ireland (cannot be further extended while in Russia).
Please be kindly informed that student visas and work visas can be extended in Russia if there are certain documents which can be a foundation for it. For study visas that is a certificete of the education/extending the agreement, for work visas that is an icumbent or extended contract. Single entry and multiple entry visas can not be extended in Russia.
Step 3. Prepare documents to apply for a visa invitation
Prepare an application on behalf of the host subdivision
In order to properly fill in an application, the host subdivision must:
Prepare attachments to the application:
- a confirmation of the state duty payment (if any), you can ask for a pay slip by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- a copy of the applicant's passport (the first page with the photograph and the passport’s expiry date).
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 18 months starting from the visa start date, if applying for a student or work visa.
The applicant’s passport must be valid for at least 6 months after the expiry date of the Russian visa, if applying for a humanitarian visa.
Other attachments to the application
IF THE FOREIGN VISITOR PLANS TO APPLY FOR A VISA OUTSIDE OF HIS/HER HOME COUNTRY:
- citizens from migration risk countries
(DOCX, 28 Кб)must provide a notarized translation of their visa issued in their country of residence (such a visa must be valid for at least 6 months after the expiry of their Russian visa) or their residence permit (their residence permit must be valid for at least 18 months after the Russian visa's start date).
IF THE FOREIGN VISITOR PLANS TO TRAVEL WITH HIS/HER FAMILY MEMBERS:
- an original notarized translation of an apostilled copy of their birth certificate;
- an original notarized translation of an apostilled copy of their marriage certificate.
IF THE FOREIGN VISITOR PLANS TO APPLY FOR A MULTIPLE-ENTRY HUMANITARIAN VISA:
- a copy of their most recent Russian visa (other than a tourist visa).
Step 4. Submit documents to the HSE Visa and Registration Centre
Please submit a scanned copy of the application in Russian signed by the subdivision head and the passport of the foreign visitor to email@example.com.
If any additional documents are required to issue a visa invitation (e.g., original payment slips, and/or notarized translations of documents with apostille, etc.,), the HSE Visa and Registration Centre cannot initiate the visa invitation process until all necessary documents are submitted.
Step 5. Receive an e-mail that the invitation is ready
As soon as the visa invitation for your foreign visitor is ready, in case it's an invitation on an HSE official letterhead, a manager of our centre will send you an information e-mail with a scan of invitation. If necessary, you can collect the original of the invitation directly from our centre in Room 538, 20 Myasnitskaya street.
If an invitation from the Ministry of Internal Affairs has been requested,you will receive an e-mail notification once it's ready. In this case, you don't need to collect any documents in person.
Step 6. Forward the invitation to the foreign visitor
You can select a courier service to deliver the original invitation (for example, DHL).
If an original invitation is not required by the consulate, you may send a scanned copy via e-mail. Please coordinate these matters with the foreign visitor in advance in line with the requirements set by the relevant consular section of the Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The Migration Section of the Central Office of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow charges the following fees for issuing visa invitations:
- an invitation for a student visa - free of charge;
- an invitation for a work visa - 800 roubles;
- an invitation for a humanitarian visa - 800 roubles.
Invitations on HSE official letterheads shall be issued free of charge.
The Migration Section of the Central Office of the Russian Ministry of Internal Affairs in Moscow issues invitations within 45 calendar days.
Invitations on HSE official letterheads shall be issued within 5-14 working days (during peak season, it might take up to 30 calendar days).
If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!
To be used only for spelling or punctuation mistakes.